Procedure & Results
NeoGraft® 2.0 is an FDA-cleared machine used for hair transplantation. It uses a minimally invasive method that is a variation of the FUE technique, which involves harvesting hair grafts one at a time instead of cutting a strip of skin from a donor site like the back of the head (FUT technique / Strip Method). NeoGraft® 2.0 uses an automated handheld device to remove follicles and implant them in balding areas.
- Results are IMMEDIATE! You will leave being able to see the grafts in place
- Hair grows in cycles, the hair implanted will shed for 2-4 weeks and then will be replaced by new fully functioning hair
- Results will get continue to get better each week with full results at 9-12 months post procedure
- Higher graft take rate (greater than 90%) than strip method as the is less hair irritation and trauma to the to the scalp
- NeoGraft is ideal for all hair types & colors with natural looking results
- The procedure can take 4-8 hours depending on number of grafts
- You are awake during the procedure with oral medication to make you relaxed & comfortable
- You can go back to work the next day if you choose and resume normal activity within 48 hours excluding strenuous exercise
- You will wear a bandage (like an ace-wrap) with a small amount of swelling for up to 24 – 48 hours
- Some pin point redness & some pin point scabbing for 1 week
- You may wear a hat after 48 Hours as long as it sits 2 inches from the treated area. Ex. Baseball cap
- You need to give your scalp/grafts 2 weeks to fully recover before resuming strenuous activity that will cause sweating or blood pressure to rise.
NeoGraft® 2.0 Facts
- NeoGraft is an automated Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) system
- NeoGraft is the ONLY FDA Class 1 Medical device for hair restoration
- No Linear Scarring
- 94% “Worth It” Rating on RealSelf.com, one of the highest rated procedures in Cosmetics (Better than Botox, Coolsculpting, Lasik, and Invisalign)
- Farris Plastic Surgery is the first in Dallas and North Texas to offer the NeoGraft® 2.0 device to patients.
- The 2.0 device has a new hand piece for graft incision that was not on the 1.0 device. The new hand piece was designed to be consistent for graft placement. Every incision is the same, which is important for the precision of the graft implantation.
- The new motor on the 2.0 device is 20x stronger than the previous model. This allows for a much more consistent graft, as the needle breaking the skin is much less prone to resistance.
- The 2.0 device has a new design, with a double jointed articulating arm that achieves optimal positioning during the procedure, allowing the operators to experience less interruption. This reduces the time of the procedure for the patient and provides a more efficient workflow.
- The NeoGraft® 2.0 device has less ambient noise, which improves patient experience over the course of the 5-6 hour procedure.
The NeoGraft® 2.0 procedure is priced by the number of follicular units or grafts removed and implanted. An existing follicular unit or graft can have up to 4 hairs in it. You are charged for 1 follicle, not 4 hairs. The number of grafts needed is individual to each person. The range is 500-3,000, with the average being 2,000 grafts.