If you are attempting to choose between surgical and non-surgical aesthetic treatments, know that you may not have to choose either/or! Oftentimes, surgical and non-invasive options can be performed together to complement one another. The best way to find out which treatment(s) matches your goals is to consult Dr. Zachary Farris.
In general, some of the advantages of cosmetic surgery are:
- Long-lasting results. Because skin is removed, lifted, and/or physically modified with surgery, these procedures often produce the longest-lasting results. Plastic surgery outcomes can persist for years, even indefinitely, into the future.
- Sometimes the most dramatic change is possible with surgery. The simple fact is that surgery can often achieve outcomes that non-invasive treatments cannot. Significant loose, sagging skin, excessive fat deposits, and other big changes are often well-suited to surgical intervention.
Of course, non-invasive and non-surgical treatments have their own benefits:
- May have a lower upfront cost. Injectables and similar treatments often come at a lower price than surgery. But we urge you to consider all of the factors in addition to cost. Although the cost upfront may be lower, non-surgical treatments may need to be repeated, creating long-term costs.
- Are often associated with less downtime. Most people love the minimal to no recovery time that comes with non-surgical treatments. You may be able to get back to your normal activities the same day, depending on the exact type.
- Provide results quickly in many cases. Certain non-surgical treatments provide results in a matter of days instead of weeks.
- Can be reversed or left to fade. If you prefer to try out a treatment without a long-term commitment, then a non-surgical option may be right for you.
Find Out For Sure
When you schedule a consultation with double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Zachary Farris, he will make sure you know all of your options for fulfilling your aesthetic goals. He provides an array of services that are highly customizable to the individual. Although the options are ultimately your choice, he provides experienced guidance to help you choose and provides tailored recommendations. To schedule your Dallas plastic surgery consultation, please call our team at 214-363-1073.