A thigh lift removes sagging, deflated skin from the thighs. It may be performed on the inner thighs, outer thighs, or both areas. This popular body contouring procedure is especially beneficial if you’ve lost a lot of weight; significant weight loss tends to lead to sagging skin, and a thigh lift can remove that redundant skin.
Here are some of the benefits of this procedure:
- It can often be combined with liposuction. Dr. Farris may recommend liposuction to remove the stubborn deposits of fat along the thighs. Depending on the amount of excess fat, liposuction can often achieve a level of sculpting that a thigh lift cannot achieve on its own.
- It may eliminate chafing. Redundant skin causes chafing. You may notice it especially when you’re wearing shorts or a skirt, or when you’re trying to hike, jog, or exercise. Many of our patients find that thigh rubbing is reduced or eliminated after the procedure.
- Clothing and swimsuits may fit better and look more flattering. If you’re unhappy with your thighs, then you may dread the days where you have to throw on a swimsuit or shorts. It can be difficult to feel confident, and getting a thigh lift may be the right way to reclaim your self-image.
- It may reduce or eliminate thigh cellulite. While the removal of cellulite is not one of the main features or outcomes of a thigh lift, many people find that the procedure does end up softening the appearance of dimpled skin on the thighs. Some people experience an elimination of cellulite on the thighs. It really varies by person and cannot be guaranteed, but you may experience this added benefit.
- It may make it easier to exercise and lead an active lifestyle. Excessive sagging skin tends to get in the way when you’re exercising, working out, going for a stroll, or generally trying to be active. It can be physically uncomfortable. By removing that unnecessary skin, you may find these activities are much more pleasant after the procedure.
While a thigh lift has many benefits, we want to make sure that it will benefit you as an individual. It’s important to talk to Dr. Farris to make sure that this body contouring procedure will accomplish the goals you have in mind. Dr. Farris will make custom recommendations once he meets with you to discuss your expectations. To arrange a consultation in Dallas, please call our team at 214-363-1073.