Double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon in Dallas
Very few experiences are as rewarding as being a mother. But the joys of motherhood also require a lot of hard work and sacrifice on your end. While putting the needs of your children first is absolutely the right approach, it may often force you to neglect your own needs such as nutrition, exercise and sleep. Over time, this will take a toll on your body.
There’s a bit of cruel irony in the fact that after giving birth, your body needs a great deal of rest and nutrition to recover from the rigors of pregnancy, yet there is often precious little time to give your body what it requires. This can make it even more difficult for your body to bounce back after having children, and many women find it challenging to regain their figure.
At Farris Plastic Surgery, we offer mommy makeovers to help you restore your pre-pregnancy figure. Dr. Zachary Farris will customize your procedure to address the specific areas of your body that have been impacted by pregnancy the most.
You can learn about your mommy makeover options and receive individualized treatment recommendations by speaking with Dr. Farris in person. Please call 214-363-1073 today to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in Dallas, Texas.
Common Changes to Your Body after Pregnancy
Pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding can take a tremendous toll on your body. While diet and exercise can reverse some of these changes, others may require the assistance of plastic surgery in order to restore your figure.
Many women experience one or more of the following changes to their body after having children:
- Lost breast volume
- Sagging breasts
- Stretched or torn abdominal muscles
- Loose skin and excess fat in the abdominal region
- Stretch marks
- Changes to the fat content of your body, creating stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise
A mommy makeover can address many of these issues in order to help you regain the figure you enjoyed prior to having children.
Check out the Results we can Deliver…
Is a Mommy Makeover Right for Me?
Ideal mommy makeover candidates should be in good overall health, close to their ideal weight, and have already put in effort to restore their figure through diet and exercise. It’s best to wait until you are done having children to undergo a mommy makeover since future pregnancies can potentially have a negative impact on your results. If you’re a smoker, you should be prepared to quit prior to surgery and throughout your recovery in order to promote proper healing and the best possible outcome.
In general, you may benefit from a mommy makeover if you experience one of more of the following issues:
- Loose, deflated or asymmetrical breasts
- Sagging breasts
- Enlarged areola after pregnancy
- Fat deposits on the abdomen, hips, lower back, thighs or arms
- Stretch marks on your breasts or in your abdominal region
- Bulging stomach or loose abdominal muscles
- Loose, hanging skin in the abdominal region
- Visible C-section scars
Keep in mind that a mommy makeover isn’t necessary in all situations. Every woman responds differently to the rigors of pregnancy and as a result, not everyone will experience all of these issues. In some instances, you may be able to accomplish your goals with a single procedure. Dr. Farris will only recommend the procedure(s) necessary to achieve your desired outcome.
What Procedures are Included in a Mommy Makeover?
Your mommy makeover will be customized to address your unique needs and goals. The procedures included in your procedure will depend on the ways in which pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding have impacted your body.
Dr. Farris may recommend a combination of the following procedures to achieve your desired outcome:
- Breast augmentation – Breast implants can restore lost breast volume and help you achieve a more attractive size and shape for your breasts
- Breast lift – If your breasts have become saggy, a breast lift can restore a perkier, more youthful appearance
- Breast reduction – If you have large, saggy breasts after pregnancy and breastfeeding, breast reduction can restore a smaller, more proportional breast size
- Liposuction – If you’ve struggled to lose the last remnants of excess baby weight, liposuction can target these areas of fat to restore a more toned, sculpted appearance
- Tummy tuck – The abdominal region is the most common area impacted by pregnancy, and a tummy tuck can tighten loose abdominal muscles, improve the appearance of stretch marks, and remove excess skin and fat in the region
- Arm lift – An arm lift can address excess skin in the arms
- Labiabplasty – A labiaplasty can be performed to reduce the size of the labia minora after giving birth
What to Expect after Mommy Makeover Surgery
Dr. Farris and his staff will provide specific instructions regarding your surgery. This largely depends on which combination of procedures you undergo. It may involve drain care and wearing a compression garment. Absorbable stitches are placed underneath the skin during surgery so there are no stitches to remove in the office.
You will be asked to refrain from strenuous activity and exercise for about 4 weeks. Avoid prolonged exposure of the scars to sunlight for several months and use sunscreen as necessary. You may use vitamin E cream and scar products beginning 3 weeks after surgery to optimize healing of your scars. Scars change in appearance and improve over time up to 12 months.
Read What our Patients are Saying!
“I am just about a month post op. I had a mommy makeover including tummy tuck, lipo, breast lift with implants. I am still healing and will keep my review updated with my results. Currently I am LOVING my results and like most reviews I love my belly button!…” – Rebecca