Our lips are one of the most defining features in our facial profile. With age, our lips can lose volume and appear thinner. If you believe that your lips are becoming inadequate, Dr. Farris offers JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA XC as a safe and effective lip augmentation solution.
Located in Dallas, Texas, Farris Plastic Surgery offers a wide variety of effective aesthetic procedures that can help you look and feel more like you. Dr. Farris leads his team in aiming to provide you with the attention and care you need for a safe, comfortable, and fulfilling experience. Contact us today to schedule your consultation appointment and learn more about JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC!
What is JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA XC?
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC is an injectable gel that has been approved by the FDA to augment the lips and correct the appearance of perioral lines, more commonly known as “lipstick lines”.
How does JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA XC work?
As we age, our skin progressively slows down its creation of key proteins that help keep us looking young. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC utilizes hyaluronic acid to restore volume in the lips and skin for a plump, youthful look.
When can I expect results from JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA XC?
You may be able to notice results from JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC immediately after your treatment session.
How long do the effects of JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA XC last?
With an optimal treatment plan, you can see results of augmented lips and smoothened skin around the mouth for up to an entire year.
Are there potential side effects?
Every patient will experience distinctive results with JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC. Some people may experience mild lumps, swelling, tenderness, and itching. To learn more about the JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC formula, consult with Dr. Farris and his team today.
Is JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA XC the right treatment for me?
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC may be a good treatment option for you if you:
- Are over the age of 21
- Are feeling self-conscious toward the appearance of thinned lips
- Would like to augment the lips and smooth away lipstick lines
- Are not currently pregnant
- Do not have an allergy to lidocaine or any other component of the JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC formula
Is there Anything I Should Avoid After Getting Lip Fillers?
Yes. To prevent exaggerated side effects like bruising and swelling after receiving lip injections, we suggest that you avoid the following for about two weeks:
- Hot showers
- Hot tub use
- Sun exposure and being outside on hot days
- Extreme cold
- Laser, IPL, or skin tightening treatments
Do JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA XC Injections Hurt?
The idea of getting lip injections can be both exciting and slightly intimidating. While most of us know the term "no pain, no gain," we don't have to like it! The good news is that current cosmetic treatments are devised to achieve the best results with the least amount of discomfort. JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA XC contains a small amount of Lidocaine. Enough to reduce surface sensations but not enough to leave you with that numb, tingling sensation you have when you leave the dentist's office. The inclusion of Lidocaine and the superficial use of this dermal filler combine to make your lip injections pretty easy to tolerate.
I have an Event Coming Up. When Should I Schedule My Volbella Treatment?
It's not uncommon for people to schedule injectable treatments to feel their best for a special event. Because there is the potential for some swelling and bruising, and because it can take some time for Volbella to settle, we encourage you to schedule your treatment at least one week before your event. With that in mind, you can also choose to combine different injectable treatments as you see fit to achieve your ideal outcome.
What Can I do to Avoid Bruising After Volbella Injections?
Bruising isn't the most common side effect of receiving JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA XC or any other injectable treatment. However, it's understandable that, if you're prone to bruising, you may feel concerned about this risk. The following can help you reduce the chances of bruising as a side effect of your injectable treatment:
- Avoid all medications and supplements that thin your blood. Examples include aspirin, which you may know, as well as ibuprofen, vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, and fish oils, to name a few.
- Avoid alcohol consumption for 24 to 48 hours before treatment. Alcohol is a blood thinner and vasodilator. It causes your blood vessels to become more open, thus increasing the risk of bruising.
- Take Arnica tablets starting four to five days before injectable treatment. Arnica is a well-known homeopathic treatment that has both analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Using it before injectable treatment, as well as after, can help your body resolve to bruise more quickly, if not prevent it altogether.
- Apply cold packs or ice. Ice isn't just a pain-reliever, it also helps reduce bruising through the constriction of blood vessels.
- Refrain from strenuous physical activity for about two days following your injectable treatment. Exercise increases heart rate, which increases the pressure of circulation through the veins and capillaries. A few days of rest can be good for these vessels after injectable treatment.
Don’t continue to feel as if your lips are insufficient. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC is a unique formula that can help augment your lips for a youthful smile you can feel happy about. Contact us today to schedule your consultation to find out if JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA XC is the right treatment for you!